The Smyth ® Digital Book Sewing Machine line is completely modular:
- book manufacturers can begin producing lay flat Smyth sewn books with our economical stand-alone Smyth book sewing machine
- at a later date, the stand-alone Smyth manual book sewing machine can be upgraded by adding an automatic feeder for pre-folded signatures for faster production outputs
- at a later date, the digital flat sheet folder can be installed on either the Smyth stand-alone manual book sewing machine or Smyth automatic book sewing machine
- the Smyth digital book sewing machine can also be operated as stand-alone manual book sewing machine or as a stand-alone automatic book sewing machine by “turning off” the digital flat sheet feeder
- the Smyth digital machine can produce lay flat Smyth sewn books consisting of only folded digitally printed flat sheets – or – it can produce books consisting of folded digitally printed flat sheets and offset signatures coming from the book sewing machine automatic feeder
This gives book manufacturers the flexibility to begin lay flat Smyth sewing and have their equipment be able to “grow” with their production requirements. Of course, the Smyth sewing systems can be purchased fully integrated with the automatic feeder for offset signatures and the digital flat sheet folder or in modular steps as described above.